Today’s Prayer to Passage will be from the book ‘Chicken Soup for the Soul’ by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen.
Today I pray, “Dear God, The purpose of my Prayer to Passage practice is transitioning toward a hopeful guidance to readers. While my growth continues within each passage presented, I do see an interruption on good terms, where my learning yields growth for others. Thank You for this. Amen.”
Following my prayer, I held the closed book in my hands and opened it to this passage:
“The Rules For Being Human
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period of this time around.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called Life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error: Experimentation. The ‘failed’ experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately ‘works.’
4. A lesson is repeated until learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. ‘There’ is no better than ‘here.’ When your ‘there’ has become a ‘here,’ you will simply obtain another ‘there’ that will again look better than ‘here.’
7. Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie inside you. The answers to Life’s questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.
10. You will forget all this.”
I am excited to continue forward within the brilliance of self-expression and healing. I think that I have always intended for my life to be one of healing others. And I have seen myself as a teacher since my brother was born and I was about to turn two years old. This many years later, it is time for me to take up my calling. As I am continuing in this school of life, my learning will be a witnessing to share with the world. May we all, each and every one of us, learn together in our own ways on our own paths. I offer my hand to you for this walk. Let’s walk these paths together.